Monday, July 11, 2011

Childhood dream

So lots of us had childhood dreams when we were younger. Some people wanted to be firefighters, cowboys, princesses, doctors, construction workers, Indians or maybe even a sailor. Well, not me, while you were out there trying to become one of the village people, I was striving to marry Joe Elliott from Def Leppard.

I was so obsessed that at the age of 10, my cousins and I all pretended that the Def Leppard guys were our Boyfriends. My cousin Shanna's was Rick Savage (the bassist), my cousin Alicia's was Steve Clark (the guitarist), my cousin Carina had Phil Collin (not to be confused with Genesis, take a look at me now guy) and we told my cousin Heather how cool it was that her boyfriend was Rick Allen, the one armed drummer.  So while most girls were playing dress up and barbies, we were singing into our hairbrushes and making up dances to Pour Some Sugar on Me.  I loved Def Leppard so much. I still, as an adult, love 2 things: 80's hair bands and hockey, more specifically, the Colorado Avalanche.

This was the case until.................. see link below before continuing..............

http://youtu.be/npwMdSWSeZI


Not only were the stupid Red Wings "bringing on the heartbreak" and making this debacle possible, but they crushed a girls dreams. 10 year old Candice's dreams to be exact.   30 year old Candice was was screaming Noooooooo as a single tear fell onto her cheek. Love really does Bite.

Very sad days when Def Leppard goes from number one band in your life down to the spot right between Micheal Bolton and Kenny G.  So I am not sure how it will ever be the same. God says to give grace and forgive, so I guess I will try but this is asking a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment